We live in an age of self-empowerment and immediacy. When we have questions, we turn to Google. When we want food, we turn to Seamless or Caviar or Doordash. When we want to go somewhere, we call a Lyft or an Uber or hop on a Lime or a Revel. In this day and age, no one wants to wait, because we don’t have to. We have the power to get whatever we need, when we need it. The same holds true for customer service. Across all industries, 81% of customers prefer to take care of matters themselves before reaching out to someone, because why wait on hold when you can resolve it faster yourself?
Seamless self-service has become the new standard, which is why we’ve invested in expanding our Knowledge Base capabilities. Kustomer is thrilled to announce the launch of Portal, a one-stop shop for both agents and customers, purpose-built to increase agent productivity and streamline self-service for customers.
What is Portal?
Portal is a new addition to our Knowledge Base that reduces support volume and improves customer service by consolidating all support requests across channels into a single interface, while also empowering admins, agents and customers to get access to help articles for self-service.
- View and respond to conversations across email, chat, social messaging and SMS
- Set up custom sign-on to authenticate customers
- Easily build, customize and deploy branded Portals using our Visual Editor
- Empower agents to login via SSO to get access to both internal and external articles
- Leverage category and article management to easily make relevant articles viewable for your respective brands and users
What’s Next for Portal?
In the future we’re going to expand on Portal capabilities so we can continue to empower customers to self-serve. In the coming quarters, customers will not only be able to access their conversation history across channels in the Portal, but will also be able to access relevant Knowledge Base articles in the same, centralized view.