Kustomer also releases data study with findings on how to improve speed and quality of customer service through omnichannel chatbot engagement.
New York, NY – November 10, 2021 – Kustomer, an all-in-one, top-rated CRM for modern customer experiences, today announces enhancements to its chatbot product designed to enhance customer service interactions by eliminating mundane tasks and allowing agents to deliver more personalized experiences across channels. Kustomer is also releasing a special report with findings on how to improve the overall customer service experience through intelligent automation and AI as customer service organizations are dealing with dramatically increased volume during the holiday shopping season. The report found 90% of US consumers surveyed expect contacting customer service to be easier and faster, and 67% said they have stopped doing business with a company due to slow customer service. An additional 58% said they want better self-service tools, including improved chat experiences.
One of the major advantages chatbots provide is resolving routine, frequently asked inquiries instantly. Another benefit is initial information gathering before sending through to an agent for resolution, saving valuable time for both the customer and agent. Yet, less intelligent chatbots can actually have the opposite effect, frustrating customers with a slow, irrelevant or improper response. This is likely the reason that only 41% of consumers think chatbots improve the customer experience.
“Right now, chat experiences can feel more like call routing nightmares instead of the smart, simple conversational experiences they should be,” said Brad Birnbaum, founder and CEO of Kustomer. “As the need for speed in customer service becomes more urgent, we are pleased to introduce an intelligent chat feature that enriches the agent experience by eliminating mundane tasks, freeing up agents to build sustainable customer relationships. We are confident that our chatbot technology can meet the growing customer demand for efficient, simple and effective self-service regardless of which channel customers use.”
Kustomer’s new chat feature leverages full customer data and intelligent automation to deliver hyper personalized and contextual experiences for modern consumers across multiple channels. The company is introducing an omnichannel customer service experience powered by chatbots to automate and scale support for SMS and Whatsapp, two widely used customer support channels. This omnichannel approach means that businesses can offer 24/7 support by configuring chatbot experiences depending on the time the consumer reaches out, and soon will be able to automatically initiate contextual and proactive communications based on the CRM and website navigation data using chatbots. Out-of-the-box reporting makes it easy to evaluate the effectiveness of chatbot automation, visualizing key metrics such as the number of conversations that were fully automated, transferred to agents, or abandoned.
As more consumers start to prefer social messaging or chat-based support experiences, it will be important for customer service organizations to understand how different generations value and embrace chatbots. Kustomer research found that 77% of Gen Z consumers find chatbots to be helpful, especially for simple queries, and 81% of consumers under 35 have used them. By contrast, only 49% of consumers 55+ have used chatbots and mistakenly expect chatbots to do everything that a human agent can.
New releases include:
- Chatbots for SMS and WhatsApp: Effortlessly scale support on the ubiquitous SMS and fast growing WhatsApp channels by deploying powerful CRM-powered chatbots that can deliver personalized experiences based on real-time customer data and trigger actions on third party systems to deliver end-to-end service automation.
- Facebook Wall Posts & Ad Comments: Activate social listening to instantly engage prospective buyers, and fuel social commerce with the ability to view and respond to comments left on Facebook wall, posts, and ads directly within Kustomer.
- Proactive Messaging: Increase engagement and boost conversions by proactively engaging with customers based on attributes such as pages viewed, page URL, VIP status, and more.
- Chatbot Analytics: Measure the efficacy of chatbots and optimize chatbot operations with real-time insights on conversations that were fully automated, transferred to agents, abandoned by the end user, and more.
- Dynamic Form Fields: Streamline information collection and save time on creating and managing multiple forms by dynamically updating form fields based on user responses.
- Multi Question CSAT: Improve customer satisfaction by gathering detailed, in-the-moment feedback and uncovering opportunities for improvement by asking different follow-up questions based on the rating received.
Kustomer is a top-rated CRM, helping leading brands deliver modern customer service that creates customers for life. Through AI-powered automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of contact centers and businesses, enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view. Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Glovo, Glossier and Sweetgreen. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, has raised over $174M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Coatue, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.