On the latest Conversations with Kustomer Podcast, we discuss creating an emotionally impactful omnichannel customer journey in an increasingly fragmented service and support landscape.
We sat down with Jeannie Walters to learn the ins and outs of building a memorable customer journey. Jeannie is the CEO and Chief Customer Experience Investigator of 360Connext. 360Connext specializes in qualitative, human evaluations of the real customer experience through a process called Customer Experience Investigation (CXI). Jeannie is also a Co-Host on the Crack the Customer Code Podcast.
Emotion colors every experience we have—whether we realize it or not. Is there a place you shop just because the people who work there are really nice? Or because you’ve had a positive experience in the past with the brand? Maybe there’s a coffee shop or a bookstore where you end up spending way more than you set out to just because of their warm, friendly experience.
How can customer service and support teams spread that positive feeling when customers are contacting them over the phone, over email, over chat, and across all of these channels and more? It definitely isn’t easy, but it is very possible.
Listen to hear our answers to these questions:
- What is the process of mapping the customer journey?
- How do you retain your customers’ trust?
- How can customer experience professionals use empathy while designing the customer experience?
- When should you rely on data to design your journey, and when should the process be more intuitive?
- How can you deliver a personalized experience for each customer?
- How can customer support organizations improve the experience more proactively?
- How is this process of mapping the customer journey different for B2B versus B2C brands?
For the latest from Kustomer, follow us at @Kustomer on Twitter.